Lara and Max

three adorable Birman cats .

.welcome you to their web site
click here to send them an email


Great Adventures Latest News Favourite links

Back to Home page
Christmas 2002
Happy New Year
Max is a year old

Prizes and snow!
One year on!
Water feature
Climber and adventure
Play days
New cat on the block
Becoming friends
Happy families!
Garden Fun
Bumble bees!
Lazy, hazy Summer
Water everywhere
Oscar's day at the vets
Garden visitors
Moving House
Christmas is coming!
Christmas 2003

New Year 2004

Max's birthday
Oscar's 1st birthday
Cat dancing
Two years on
Easter 2004

May Day

Oscar's First Year

Summer 2004
Oscar a PAT cat
Carpet fitting
December 2004
Christmas 2004
2005 and birthdays
Winter Fun
Three years on!

Sunshine and showers
Hot and humid
Window safety
Tree collars
Artist's models
Halloween Fun
Nearly Christmas
Christmas 2005

2006 has arrived

Brrr! Where is Spring?
Warmth and Sunshine
Glitter balls
Our own book

Summer Games
Having the Builders in!
Busy, busy
Christmas 2006
Posing Prettily
New Pictures

Dangerous Hairball
Christmas 2007
Birthdays etc
Senior Cat
A Puppy in the house
Update July 2011

Oscar's day at the vets

Scroll down to read about Oscar's day at the vets

Kitten adventures - click to go to our kitten web site

Links page

Cat accessories - favourite things!
Facts page - shows details of our breeding


Amy - my first Birman

Katy and Lucy's page

Great Danes

Video Clips - See the trio playing with 'Panic Mouse'

Comparisons - how we have changed over the years

Oscar's day at the vets

As you may have gathered by the page title today is a really big day for Oscar. It is his turn to go to the vets for an operation. Max and I got the idea that something was going on last night because Joan cleared our food dishes away very quickly in the early evening. We usually have dried food available all the time but it was gone as well and all we were left with was a drink of water overnight.

Poor Oscar kept hunting for his food (his main hobby is eating!) and looking soulfully at Joan in the hope that she would realise we were all hungry. By this morning we were really getting hungry and it was clear that there was no breakfast on the horizon.

Max and I began to hatch a plan to call the RSPCA to report Joan for severe neglect. Yes OK, we know she was quite willing to play with us but failure to feed us must constitute some kind of crime surely?

Just before 8.00 am she went and got one of the carrying boxes, popped Oscar into it and took him out into the garden. We were just ready to go for the telephone to ring the RSPCA when she came back in and gave us both breakfast so we were OK.

Lara posing amongst the flowers

Max laying on the climber in the garden

She returned about an hour later without Oscar so Max and I gave each other knowing looks - we can remember when the same happened to us. Max's eyes started to water just a little at the thought!

We are now anxiously awaiting news of how Oscar is feeling and we hope he will be back with us soon so that we can commiserate.

The weather this week has been really hot - hotter than we have ever known it. We stay inside during the day whilst Joan is at work but in the evening we snooze in the shade of the garden as it is just too hot to run around.

Last night was hotter than ever - in fact it was so hot that Joan thought we should all sleep downstairs as it was cooler there. That did confuse us a bit because we thought that the downstairs beds were just for us to bounce about on we didn't realise that humans use them occasionally for sleeping!

12 noon
We have just had a telephone call from the vets to let us know that Oscar's operation has gone well, he has also been microchipped and is being a really good boy.

He is sleeping at the moment but should feel well enough to come home to us later this afternoon. It has been very peaceful this morning but we have worried about him so it will be lovely to see him back where he belongs!

2.30 pm
Oscar is home! He looks a little dazed (and his legs won't always go the way he wants them to) but he is back. We both welcomed him home and I was bit concerned about him but he set about slowly checking that everything was just as he left it so he should be fine by the morning!

Oscar resting quietly

Oscar takes it easy

We thought you might like to see our friendly garden toad?

Page created: 07-Aug-2003


Click here to send us an email
©Laramax 2002